Sunday, January 11, 2009

     I was listening to a sermon by R.C. Sproul about our security in Jesus Christ and how by Christ we can never be fully given over to sin and ultimately fall away. That in the gospels, Judas as we read was the son of predation and was ordained to fall away and deny Christ. Peter in a similar situation where he would deny Christ, did so 3 times in one night. The comfort was that in these two situations, Jesus told Peter that he would do this and that Jesus had already prayed for Him, Judas He did not pray for. That after satin sifted Peter like wheat, that her would be restored and encourage the brethren because of it. He was explained that to sift wheat was not a hard task for only the strong, but able by most to easily do and was just time consuming. So apart from Jesus Christ and His protection and strength, we are as R.C. put it “Duck Soup” Easy picking! Satin is much stronger and we can be over powered easily by him because we are just human. The amazing thing is that Jesus prayed for him and said “when” he is restored, not if or might be or if he chose to be…but when, he would be restored and used by the Lord. In the same matter as Jesus prayed for Peter, He also prays for us as believers written in the New Testament. He keeps us, draws us to Himself and we can never plucked out of the fathers hand no matter what. Being assured that when Jesus says “All that the father has given Me, I shall loose none” that we can rest that in that when the struggles of life and flesh come, that we are secure in Christ and His Power. Knowing for sure by His word, That He who began a good work in us will carry out to completion, till the day of Christ Jesus. That it is God who works in us both to will and do according to His good pleasure. The struggle we all face is real and for myself I fight, question, doubt and struggle with my flesh but I know that God is true and His word to be for sure. When I take my focus off Jesus is when my perspective goes right out the window. I get worked by the things of this life and I am left open for attack by the world, the flesh and the devil. I have dropped my sword and have left myself defenseless. So as we are commanded by Jesus, we are to be renewed daily in our minds and offer ourselves as a living sacrifice…I just keep crawling of that gosh darn alter though!!! 

I want to top this one off with John 15:9-11 which really spoke to me!

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

No comments: